From: "Scott Zetlan" <scottzetlan at aol dot com>
Subject: RE: How to use BCP and Perl
Date: Sep 19 2002 1:28PM

Also see Sybase::BCP and Sybase::BLK, both of which will afford more control
and flexibility than Sybase's bcp utility.  They are slower, though.

If you're wedded to the idea of using the bcp utility, you're probably
better off opening a pipe from the process than running it as a system call
and redirecting output to a file.  Particularly for a long running bulk
copy, it is often helpful to be able to alert someone as soon as an error
occurs, rather than several hours later.  Oftentimes those errors can be
corrected, and you only have to reload portions of your data stream.