From: eric dot guerizec at bnpparibas dot com
Subject: =?iso-8859-1?Q?R=E9f=2E_=3A_Re=3A_why_gcc_in_Makefile_=3F=3F=3F?=
Date: Sep 5 2002 4:16PM

Right!
With Perl 5.6.0 cc=cc but with Perl 5.6.1 cc=gcc !!! :o(

Thanks!

Eric

Internet
mikeb@concerto.com@list.cren.net - 05/09/2002 17:34

Veuillez répondre à SYBPERL-L@list.cren.net

Envoyé par :      owner-SYBPERL-L@list.cren.net

Pour : SYBPERL-L

cc :

Objet :     Re: why gcc in Makefile ???

It means your perl was build using gcc.  Do a "perl -V" and look for
the "cc=" line under the compiler section.  It will tell you that it
was build using gcc.  I think "bad things" happen if you try to build
a module using a different compiler than your perl was built using.

On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 05:27:22PM +0200, eric.guerizec@bnpparibas.com
wrote:

> Hello!
> I'm running Perl 5.6.1 on HP-UX 11.0 and 11i and I want to compile
Sybperl

--
Michael Burstin
NPI Engineer