From: Michael Burstin <mikeb at concerto dot com>
Subject: Re: why gcc in Makefile ???
Date: Sep 5 2002 3:34PM

It means your perl was build using gcc.  Do a "perl -V" and look for
the "cc=" line under the compiler section.  It will tell you that it
was build using gcc.  I think "bad things" happen if you try to build
a module using a different compiler than your perl was built using.

--
Michael Burstin
NPI Engineer