From: eric dot guerizec at bnpparibas dot com
Subject: why gcc in Makefile ???
Date: Sep 5 2002 3:27PM

Hello!
I'm running Perl 5.6.1 on HP-UX 11.0 and 11i and I want to compile Sybperl
2.14 with Sybase 12.0
The C ANSI compiler is installed on my servers.
I don't understand why "perl Makefile.PL" put gcc on the Makefile. So
"make" doesn't work :
"gcc not found". Any idea to create the Makefile correctly???

NOTE: I use Perl 5.6.0 on another server runnig HP-UX 11.0. In this case,
the Makefile is good with "cc" compiler!!!

Thanks
Eric