From: abe dot crabtree at citicorp dot com
Subject: RE: Handling log full issues with DB-Library
Date: Sep 4 2002 8:08AM

Rather than answer the perl question, how about:

Lower thresholds that dmp the log.  Generally speaking you should have these
(but obviously it depends.)

It sounds as if the database should have "abort tran on log full" too, unless
this one single query is the only one that should abort when the log fills.

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Abe Crabtree