From: Srinivasa Rao Duggineni <dsrao at wilco-int dot com>
Subject: Handling log full issues with DB-Library
Date: Sep 4 2002 3:58AM

Hi,

	I have a situation where I am executing a query through DB-Lib
command in a Sybase database. If this query fills up the log to the
threshold limit, the data server suspends the execution of the query till
the space is made available in the log. But I want to catch that warning in
my script and want to cancel the connection to the database. I am actually
using the message handler in my script. So, whenever this happens, the
control goes into the message handler. I am trying to kill the connection
using dbclose/dbcancel, but It doesn't seem to work.

	Basically I want the control back to the script when this happens.
	I am getting the "Segmentation fault(core dumped)" error when I
tried to close and reopen a connection with the same db handler inside the
message handler.

	Did anyone come across situation like this??
	Please pass on any idea that can handle this situation.

Regards,
Srini.

This message is confidential and may also be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify postmaster@wilco-int.com immediately. You should not copy it or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other person. The views and opinions expressed in this e-mail message are the author's own and may not reflect the views and opinions of Wilco.