From: Stephen dot Sprague at morganstanley dot com
Subject: Re: blk_init and image columns
Date: Sep 4 2002 9:10PM

Thanks Michael for replying. Revisiting, as  things  would  have  it,  I
still am croaking with a SEGV.  Any further pointers most welcome.

If it helps any here's my perl code fragment:

#create handle
  my ($cs, $packetsize) = ('iso_1', 8192);
  my $props = { CON_PROPS => { CS_BULK_LOGIN => CS_TRUE,
                               CS_SYB_CHARSE=> $cs,
                               CS_PACKETSIZE => $packetsize } };
  my $dbh = Sybase::CTlib->new( $u, $p, $s, $programName, $props );

#set textsize to 1gb
  $dbh->ct_options(CS_SET, CS_OPT_TEXTSIZE, 1_000_000_000, CS_INT_TYPE);

#init blk copy
   $dbh->blk_init( $tab, $num_cols, $has_identity, $id_column )

Signal SEGV

The table on the 11.9 server looks like this I'm trying to bcp into:

 Column_name     Type            Length Prec Scale Nulls Default_name    Rule_name       Identity
 --------------- --------------- ------ ---- ----- ----- --------------- --------------- --------
 i               image               16 NULL  NULL     0 NULL            NULL                   0

On 4 Sep 2002 @ 8:05am, an entity claiming to be Michael Peppler scribbled:

mpeppl :[I'm traveling - currently in England - so email access is spotty... ]
mpeppl :
mpeppl :CS_PACKETSIZE must be set in a power of 2, starting at 512 (so 512,
mpeppl :1024, 2048, etc). I think there's a max, and of course the server has to
mpeppl :be configured to handle larger packet sizes (at least up to 12.0 - 12.5
mpeppl :*may* handle this dynamically).
mpeppl :
mpeppl :However, I'm pretty sure that the packet size has nothing to do with the
mpeppl :SEGV that you are seeing. I suspect instead that it may be linked with
mpeppl :the TEXTSIZE value. You can set this via SET TEXTSIZE xxxx or via a
mpeppl :ct_option() call.
mpeppl :
mpeppl :Michael
mpeppl :