From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: Sybperl 2.10 (ActiveState) and DBlib timeout messages
Date: Aug 29 2002 7:58AM

On Wed, 2002-08-28 at 11:00, Scott Zetlan wrote:
> A colleague is receiving the error message 'Timed out waiting for server to
> acknowledge attention' from a long-running query from Sybase::DBlib in the
> precompiled Windows ActiveState Sybperl v2.10.  Is there a way to a) turn
> off this complaint b) increase the timeout value or c) continue with the
> current query despite having received that message?

I think that you can set the timeout with dbsetimeout() (though I am
unsure if it was already there in 2.10).

If the error is received in the DBlib error handler it should be
possible to simply return INT_CONTINUE (I *think* - I don't have the
manuals here, I'm on a trip in Switzerland :-) from the error handler to
ignore the timeout.