From: "Gravatt, John" <GravJo at ncs dot com>
Subject: perl 5.8.0
Date: Aug 14 2002 6:44PM

Has any one successfully built Sybperl 2.14 on Redhat 7.3 with Perl 5.8.0?
I am having problems when I run `perl Makefile.PL`.  As a side note
DBD-Sybase installed without a hitch.

Here is output:

[gravjo@icdev09 sybperl-2.14]$ perl Makefile.PL
Sybase OpenClient 11.1.1 found.
The sybperl modules need access to a Sybase server to run the tests.
To clear an entry please enter 'undef'
Sybase server to use (default: spimg01):
User ID to log in to Sybase (default: sa):
Password (default: xxx):
WARNING: MAN3PODS takes a hash reference not a string/number.
         Please inform the author.
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Sybase OpenClient 11.1.1 found.
Writing Makefile for Sybase::BCP
Sybase OpenClient 11.1.1 found.
Writing Makefile for Sybase::BLK
Sybase OpenClient 11.1.1 found.
WARNING: LDFLAGS is not a known parameter.
Writing Makefile for Sybase::CTlib
Sybase OpenClient 11.1.1 found.
WARNING: LDFLAGS is not a known parameter.
Writing Makefile for Sybase::DBlib
Sybase OpenClient 11.1.1 found.
Writing Makefile for Sybase::Sybperl
Can't use string ("pod/sybperl.pod") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in
use at /vendr/perl5_8_0/lib/5.8.0/ExtUtils/MM_Unix.pm line 541.

Thanks,
John Gravatt

If you were not an intended recipient,