From: Stephen dot Sprague at morganstanley dot com
Subject: Re: Sybase::BLK and unicode
Date: Aug 9 2002 2:02PM

works like a charm. thank you, gents.

On 9 Aug 2002 @ 6:24am, an entity claiming to be Michael Peppler scribbled:

mpeppl :On Fri, 2002-08-09 at 05:45, Michael Burstin wrote:
mpeppl :> A system() call will result in the same issue -- I just was dealing
mpeppl :> with the same issue from command line BCP, and needed to add a command
mpeppl :> line arg (maybe "-J utf8", something to specify the client charset).
mpeppl :> I am guessing that there is the equivalent for sybperl in the
mpeppl :> connect call...
mpeppl :
mpeppl :Indeed - see the Sybase::CTlib man page - the Sybase::BLK new() call has
mpeppl :the same format.
mpeppl :
mpeppl :It goes something like this:
mpeppl :
mpeppl :$dbh = new Sybase::BLK $user, $pwd, $server, $appname,
mpeppl :                  { CON_PROPS => { CS_SYB_CHARSET => 'utf8' }};
mpeppl :
mpeppl :Michael
mpeppl :
mpeppl :