From: Dennis Domingo <bigmango at yahoo dot com>
Subject: Re: Sybase::BLK and unicode
Date: Aug 8 2002 10:48PM

Steve:
Is your Sybase server 12.5.x?  In my experience Sybase::BLK appears to have problems with with Sybase 12.5.x when the data in the data is stored in UTF8.
My solution is to use system() call and use the bcp utilities directly.

dd

 Stephen.Sprague@morganstanley.com wrote:Hi folks-
I'm using Sybase::BLK routines to transfer data from an iso server
to a unicode server using perl5.6.

Should this be possible to do?

This is the message I currently receive:

Message number: 4847, Severity 16, State 1, Line 1
Server 'NYTUNV3T002'
Message String: BCP insert operation is disabled when LONGCHAR capability is turned on and data size is changing between client and server character sets since BCP does not support LONGCHAR yet.

I'm open to experiment and turn of LONGCHAR but not sure how to do that. Any
pointers welcome.

Thanks,
Steve