From: "Scott Zetlan" <scottzetlan at aol dot com>
Subject: RE: BCP with Sybperl
Date: Aug 8 2002 4:45PM

This is a common problem with HP-based Sybase installations, since the
default installation of ASE on HP uses the Roman8 character set, whereas on
many other platforms (e.g., Sun) the default character set is ISO-1.

> Check that you really do have 33 fields for each row,
> and check what
> the record separator is (you haven't supplied one - maybe
> Sybase::BCP defaults
> to \n, or nothing - this is what you need to check.)

Also check the field delimiter to make sure you're using the right one -- I
think Sybase::BCP, like the bcp utility, assumes a tab-delimited file.
Lastly, you'll want to make certain that all fields which don't take NULL
values and which don't have default values have data in the file being sent
to the server.

HTH,

Scott