From: JPifer at jefco dot com
Subject: Re: Compiling 2.14
Date: Aug 2 2002 7:51PM

      Works like a charm!  It's also a problem on DBlib.xs, line 521 which
is also fixed by dTHR at the top of get_ConInfoFromMagic.

      --Jayson

                      Michael Peppler

                      Sent by:                   cc:
                      owner-SYBPERL-L@li         Subject: Re: Compiling 2.14
                      st.cren.net

                      08/02/02 03:06:56
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      SYBPERL-L

On Fri, 2002-08-02 at 11:47, JPifer@jefco.com wrote:

>       I'm having difficulties compiling 2.14 (and 2.14_50) on Solaris 2.7
 .
> Here is one of my attempts:

> cc -c -I/opt/sybase/OCS-12_0/include -D_REENTRANT -O     -DVERSION
=\"2.14\"
> -DXS_VERSION=\"2.14\" -KPIC
> -I/opt/FSFperl/lib/5.00503/sun4-solaris-thread/CORE -DCTLIBVS=100
> -DSYBPLVER='"2.14"' -DDO_TIE CTlib.c
> "CTlib.xs", line 538: undefined symbol: thr
> "CTlib.xs", line 538: left operand of "->" must be pointer to
struct/union
> cc: acomp failed for CTlib.c

You have perl built with threading turned on which is not recommended.

Still, sybperl *should* build - so this is a bug.

You can fix this by adding
             dTHR;

at the beginning of the C function that is at line 538 of CTlib.xs
(which appears to be get_ConInfoFromMagic())

(See attached file: signature.asc)