From: Matthew dot Persico at Lazard dot com
Subject: NaN
Date: Aug 2 2002 1:22PM

I am writing a routine using DBD::Sybase that is going to check a table for NaN
values in some of the floating point fields. Our main problem is that since
Sybase replication is character based (it reads the transaction logs to to
replication), it chokes when it tries to convert the text 'NaN' in the log to
the number to be inserted into the replication target table. Not to mention that
we need to investigate when a Nan gets calculated in the first place :-)

Since I do not have any NaN in the database right now, I cannot test my code.
Can I safely assume that a

     $sth->"fetch"

will return the text 'NaN' in any field that had that value? Of do I have to
look for some crazy number?

Thanks
--
Matthew Persico