From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: make test for sybperl 2.14
Date: Jul 19 2002 1:46PM

On Fri, 2002-07-19 at 04:34, Dmitry Chuev wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Nmake test for sybperl 2.14 produce following errors:
> === CUT ===
> t\dblib.............Sybase message 2401, Severity 11, state 2
> Line 1
>     Character set conversion is not available between client character
>     set 'cp850' and server character set 'cp1251'.
> Can't call method "dbsqlok" on an undefined value at t\dblib.t line 144.
> dubious
>         Test returned status 255 (wstat 65280, 0xff00)
> DIED. FAILED tests 20, 22
>         Failed 2/22 tests, 90.91% okay
> === CUT ===
> So, I have two questions:
> 1) What's wrong with method "dbsqlok" ?

dbsqlok() isn't the problem - it's the fact that the $dbh variable is
undefined (i.e. the connection failed). There is a known problem with
dbpoll() on some versions of OpenClient, and that may be the cause of
the failure of tests 20 and 22. Unless you need to use dbpoll() in your
scripts this is not a cause for alarm.

> 2) How can I set client character set globally for overall "nmake test"
>    process ?

I don't know how this is done on NT. On Unix you'd set the LANG env.
variable to point to locale that maps to the appropriate character set.

Note that I don't think that the missing mapping is causing the tests to
fail - it's just a warning that some characters may not get translated
correctly between the server and client character sets.