From: "Wechsler, Steven" <steven dot wechsler at wsaccess dot com>
Subject: RE: Sybperl to MS SQL Server help
Date: Jul 2 2002 8:23PM

> From: Lee Wenzler [mailto:Lee.Wenzler@Roanoke.com]
>
> Dang, this is way too hard. This all started when I tried to
> connect to
> a MS SQL server using Sybperl. I can get the FreeTDS stuff to work as
> far as the make check passing the login & logout, & change db
> tests, but
> I'm lost after that. After not getting that to work, I tried to get
> unixODBC drivers to work. I've gone thru all the FAQs and keep getting
> deeper and deeper into this hole. Am I making this more
> complicated than
> it needs to be (please say yes)??

Maybe. Do you have Sybase CT-Library or DB-Library on your machine (or can
you get it)? I've been able to use Sybperl with either of these libraries to
talk to SQL Server 7 (albeit on NT, not Unix). The BCP functions don't work,
but pretty much everything else does (and since you're trying ODBC, I assume
you don't need BCP anyway)...

Steve
--
Steve Wechsler/Application Manager/Wall St. Access
Steven.Wechsler@wsaccess.com