From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: sybperl and encryption
Date: Jun 26 2002 11:27PM

On Wed, 2002-06-26 at 16:16, Lucas Rockwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am wondering how the Sybase password is passed to the server when using
> Sybperl. Is it encrypted somehow or is it in the clear?
>
> For example, with this code, is $pwd encrypted by Sybperl:
>
>     use Sybase::DBlib;
>
>     $dbh = new Sybase::DBlib 'sa', $pwd, $server, 'test_app';

In general it is not encrypted (AFAIK).

In CTlib (and possibly in DBlib) you can turn on encryption for the
session:

my $dbh = new Sybase::CTlib 'webuser', 'webuser', 'troll', 'testapp',
                {CON_PROPS => { CS_SEC_ENCRYPTION => 1 }};

There are a few other CS_SEC_XXX properties that are supported - see the
sybperl man page, and the corresponding entries in the Sybase OpenClient
manual.