From: David J Iannucci <dji at myriad dot com>
Subject: Sybperl 2.12 and ASE 12.5
Date: Jun 24 2002 8:38PM

Hi,
   I'm starting to test our Sybperl 2.12-based code
(using Sybase::DBlib) on an ASE 12.5 server.  I've looked
on the web site to see if we need to upgrade Sybperl itself,
and it doesn't look like it.

Am I right in assuming that apart from a few minor bug
fixes and/or features, our code ought to run just as well
on ASE 12.5 as on the 11.5 that we've been using?

Main reason I'd like to know is that I've seen a fairly
severe performance hit when running against 12.5.  Of course
it could be any number of things, but if upgrading Sybperl
will help, I'll start by doing that.

Thanks,
Dave

p.s. to Michael: this might have been discussed before on
the list, but I couldn't find any reference to a SYBPERL-L
archive. Why don't you archive the list?