From: fgonzalez at dtint dot com
Subject: Re: sybperl on mac os x
Date: Jun 19 2002 7:26PM

To: Michael Peppler
From: fgonzalez@dtint.com
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 13:26:12 -0600

--=_mixed 006AC4FA87256BDD_=

Version 2.13 worked!  Thanks Michael...

Here are a couple of notes to others that want to build sybperl on Mac OS X:

1.  The interfaces file format I recommend is "query tcp ether <host> <port>".  The old Mac OS "classic" interfaces file format of "query mactcp mac_ether..." allows you to connect from isql, but it confuses the sybperl build process.

2.  Mac OS X does not like the -linsck build option, but editing the CONFIG file alone does not seem to work.  You'll have to manually remove the -linsck options from CTlib/Makefile and DBlib/Makefile after running Makefile.PL.

Francisco

Michael Peppler <mpeppler@peppler.org>
06/19/2002 10:57 AM