From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: RE: Problem with sybperl
Date: Jun 19 2002 7:15PM

On Wed, 2002-06-19 at 11:53, Sabherwal, Balvinder (MBS) wrote:
> here is the stack information
>
> wpsdb01 /opt/sybasescripts/DB_Admin  $gdb `which perl` core
> GNU gdb 4.17

> #0  0xef5a4734 in strlen ()
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0xef5a4734 in strlen ()
> #1  0xef49a454 in newdbh ()
> #2  0xef4a5db8 in XS_Sybase__CTlib_ct_connect ()

That is really weird!

Could you please edit CTlib/Makefile and add -g to either the CCFLAGS or
OPTIMIZE macro, and then rm CTlib.o and run make again (so that debug
symbols are included).

Now run your script again, and do send me the stacktrace (which should
now include line numbers).

Also - what version of sybperl do you have?

Michael