From: "Cooperman, Marc (Exchange)" <mcooperman at bear dot com>
Subject: RE: SYBPERL 2.14/SOLARIS/SYBASE OCS 12.0
Date: May 30 2002 5:33PM

Michael

-adding -ltli to the EXTRALIBS in the CONFIG file seems to have done the
trick. It wasn't necessary with the version prior (OCS 11.1). Whether it's
actually the OCS version or something else, I don't know.

In a related issue - is the -DMSSQL in the EXTRADEFS still supported? I'm
trying to get a connection to a an MS SQL 2000 server on a PC, just for
kicks. I did set the Dblib version down to 420 (4.2) (and also tried 700 for
7.0) as per other sources on compatibility. However, I'm not having much
luck. I'm trying to avoid travelling down the FreeTDS road. MSSQL access
from perl/UNIX seems very unpopular!