From: Richard Smith <richard dot smith at etrade dot com>
Subject: Checking installation
Date: May 21 2002 3:12PM

Is there a way to find out where Sybperl is looking for the Sybase
libraries?
We have two Solaris boxes with Perl installed in a directory mounted on both
machines.  Sybperl works on one machine, but not on the other - failure as
below:

^C[rsmith] beryllium  /usr/local/bin/perl561 -MSybase::CTlib -e 'print
"$Sybase::CTlib::Version\n"'
This is sybperl, version 2.14

Sybase::CTlib $Revision: 1.51 $ $Date: 2001/10/30 21:34:31 $

Copyright (c) 1995-2001 Michael Peppler
Portions Copyright (c) 1995 Sybase, Inc.

OpenClient version: Sybase Client-Library/11.1/P/sun_svr4/SPARC Solaris
2.4/1/Tue Aug 20 01:09:28 PDT 1996

Segmentation Fault (core dumped)
[rsmith] beryllium

This seg fault occurs whenever attempting a CT operation.
$SYBASE & $LD_LIBRARY_PATH are both set correctly

[rsmith] beryllium echo $SYBASE
/disk7/sybase11
[rsmith] beryllium echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/home/andrew/qt/lib:/disk10/ssl/lib:/disk7/sybase11/lib:/disk9/SUNWspro/lib:
/usr/openwin/lib://disk8/openwin/lib

I thought that this was most likely because the directory where it's looking
for the Sybase libraries exists on one box but not the other, so I created
symlinks on the server where it fails for any possible Sybase directory, but
this still fails.

Any suggestions of what I can try?

Many thanks
Richard