From: "Tang, Jun [IT]" <jun dot tang at citigroup dot com>
Subject: RE: Sybperl compile error
Date: May 21 2002 2:52PM

Here is my CONFIG:

#
# Configuration file for Sybperl
#
# DBlibrary version. Set to 1000 (or higher) if you have System 10
# Set to 0 if you do not want to build DBlib or if DBlib is not available.
DBLIBVS=1000

# CTlib version. Set to 0 if Client Library is not available on your
# system, or if you don't want to build the CTlib module. The Client
# Library started shipping with System 10.
# Set to 100 if you have OpenClient 10.x or later.
CTLIBVS=100

# Where is the Sybase directory on your system (include files &
# libraries are expected to be found at SYBASE/include & SYBASE/lib
SYBASE=/opt/sybase

# If EMBED_SYBASE is TRUE (1), then we add BEGIN { $ENV{SYBASE} = $SYBASE}
# at the top of both Sybase::DBlib and Sybase::CTlib. This ensures that
# the correct value for the SYBASE environment variable is always set.
# The downside is that if you install a new version of Sybase (OpenClient
# in particular) in a different location (say /opt/sybase/11.9.2 instead of
# /opt/sybase/11.5.1) then you need to rebuild sybperl with the new value -
# setting the SYBASE environment variable will have no effect.
EMBED_SYBASE = 0

# If EMBED_SYBASE is set, then if EMBED_SYBASE_USE_HOME is also set
# then, if the SYBASE env. variable is not set at run-time we look

# for the "sybase" user's home directory first, and then for the
# build-time Sybase directory.
EMBED_SYBASE_USE_HOME = 0

# Additional libraries.
# Some systems require -lnsl or -lBSD.
# Solaris 2.x needs -ltli
# DEC OSF/1 needs -ldnet_stub and may need -lsdna
#   (Note: Under Dec 3.2 you need to *remove* -lsdna from the DBlib/Makefile
#    for things to work. *sigh*)
# SunOS 4.x needs -linsck
# HP-UX 10.x needs -linsck
# AIX 3.2.5 needs -linsck
# Linux needs -linsck
# See the Sybase OpenClient Supplement for your OS/Hardware
# combination.
EXTRA_LIBS=-linsck

# Library directory. Under Windows/NT, if you are using the Borland
# compilers, then uncomment the line below:
# BORLAND_LIBS=blib

# Additional #defines.
# With Perl 5.001m, you will need -DUNDEF_BUG.
# With Perl 5.002, none are normally needed, but you may wish to
# use -DDO_TIE to get the benefit of stricter checking on the
# Sybase::DBlib and Sybase::CTlib attributes.
# Use -DNCR_BUG if you are on NCR 3.0 and OpenClient 10.0.x
# Add -DMSSQL if you want to use the Sybase::DBlib portion of sybperl
# to connect to an MS-SQL 7 server.
# Add -DTDS_DBOPEN_HACK if you are building with the FreeTDS libraries, and
# you have configured freetds with --enable-dbm-conflict-fix.
EXTRA_DEFS=-DDO_TIE

# LINKTYPE
# If you wish to link Sybase::DBlib and/or Sybase::CTlib statically
# into perl uncomment the line below and run the make normally. Then,
# when you run 'make test' a new perl binary will be built.
#LINKTYPE=static