From: "Matthew O dot Persico" <persicom at acedsl dot com>
Subject: RE: Sybperl compile error
Date: May 21 2002 1:23AM

On 20 May 2002 16:06:25 -0700, Michael Peppler wrote:
>On Mon, 2002-05-20 at 15:22, Tang, Jun [IT] wrote:
>>Michael,
>>
>>I did it in both the CONFIG file and on the command line but I
>>still can not
>>compile it. I am not using the Solaris 2.6 64bit feature and that
>>should not
>>be a problem.
>
>Where is Sybase installed?
>
>Is your SYBASE and SYBASE_OCS env. variables set correctly?
>
>Michael

Moreover, are you SURE that you installed ALL parts of the client library stuff? I installed Sybase on Linux this week using rpms and it took me two days to realize that the reason I couldn't build sqsh or DBI::Sybase was that although I installed the servers properly, I forgot to install the open client rpm!
--
Matthew O. Persico