From: "Lee Wenzler" <leew at roanoketimes dot com>
Subject: RE: forcing a deadlock
Date: May 17 2002 2:53PM

Whoops ... I thought I had stress tested it, but I did actually have
some dropped transactions. I'm not doing any sort of retry in my code,
but relying on the Sybase::Simple module to retry the batch.

Is that not the correct way to use it?

What happens when the deadlocks occur, is the 1205 message comes up and
the script continues on, but it always drops the transaction it was on.
I changed the script to do inserts on two different test tables within
the begin and end transactions in botht the isql session and the perl
script.