From: "Gilmore-Baldwin, John" <jBaldwin at desmoine dot gannett dot com>
Subject: RE: Using Sybperl to access MS-SQL from Solaris w/o Sybase
Date: May 13 2002 8:39PM

You're right that a Sybase install is somewhat expected.

You can download the freetds libraries and get most functionality. Plus, the freetds libraries are built with MS-SQL access in mind. Then you can install DBD::Sybase and you should be up and running (with some setup, of course).

Check out

Good luck,
John