From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: compilation error for script
Date: May 3 2002 2:31PM

On Fri, 2002-05-03 at 04:39, Sabherwal, Balvinder (MBS) wrote:
> I'm getting an error as below while trying to compile a perl script. Anyone
> had faced a similar issue and know how to resolve??
>

> njsundb25 /export/home/sabherb > perlcc x.pl
> /var/tmp/cc5vQZyl.o: In function `dl_init':
> /var/tmp/cc5vQZyl.o(.text+0x143ca8): undefined reference to
> `boot_Sybase__CTlib'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> The script is as below :
>
> #!/usr/local/ActivePerl-5.6/bin/perl
> use Sybase::CTlib;

I've never tried to build an executable with perlcc for a script that
uses Sybase::CTlib (actually I've never used perlcc at all).

It looks like it doesn't link in the CTlib.so file.

Is there any specific reason for you to use perlcc on this file?

Remember that perlcc is very unlikely to actually increase the speed of
your script.

mpeppler@peppler.org           *or*          mpeppler@mbay.net
http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler
International Sybase User Group: http://www.isug.com