From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: TDS 42
Date: Apr 29 2002 9:33PM

On Mon, 2002-04-29 at 06:10, Henson, David A wrote:

> I was just trying to find out if it is possible to set the TDS version
> within a sybperl script?

Yes, it is possible.

However, this won't help you to connect to an MSSQL server.

For MS-SQL 6.5, Sybase's libraries will work fine.
For 7.0 you will need one of the later service packs (I'm not sure which
one, possibly sp2).
For 2k the Sybase libs will not work - your only choice there is to use
FreeTDS - because MS go out of their way to break the protocol,
unfortunately.

(it is *possible* that Sybase::DBlib will still work with the Sybase
libs and recent versions of MS-SQL - try building it with the -DMSSQL
option turned on)

mpeppler@peppler.org           *or*          mpeppler@mbay.net
http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler
International Sybase User Group: http://www.isug.com