From: abe dot crabtree at citicorp dot com
Subject: Re: ct_init error for Sybperl CTLib on ASE 12.5 OCS
Date: Apr 18 2002 8:43AM

Do you definitely have to have more than one version of Sybperl because of
different applications using other versions of OC?

You could run perl as an alias or a script, and change SHLIB_PATH (if
necessary) so that the libraries were always correctly located.  Perl would
always run as:

SYBASE=/opt/sybase/oc12-xyz SYBASE_OCS=blablabla perl $*

If perl's version of OC were always installed at the same path, CTlib.sl could
be chatr-configured not to search, but always go for that path (I think that
might be the default.)

Meantime the other apps would have the standard system-wide $SYBASE settings.

I'm not sure if I've understood exactly how you're migrating.  Solutions like
this may be possible, but I always think it's good to try and keep things
simple - in our recent migration we moved everything except perl to 12.0, and I
regret not winning the argument to move perl at the same time.

I hope this helps too,

Regards,

Abe