From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: ct_init error for Sybperl CTLib on ASE 12.5 OCS
Date: Apr 19 2002 4:49PM

On Thu, 2002-04-18 at 01:29, Graham1.SIMPSON@hsbcib.com wrote:

> Okay dokay. I really don't want to have multiple versions of Sybperl compiled
> against different OClients. To try to keep things simple, I have currently
> compiled sybperl against 12.0 EBF 10109. It's packaged in an OS package and
> dependencies set to also install the OC_1200-10109 package. i.e. every machine
> will have OC1200-10109 installed when sybperl is installed.
>
> The downside is that all applications will have to set their environment to be
> OC12-10109 but the upside is one sybperl, one OC.
>
> Last question, then I'll stop bugging you all. It seems a smart idea before
> rollout to use OC12.5 instead of OC12. Can anyone recommend an EBF level for use
> with sybperl or would I be more wise to stay with OC12-10109? Thoughts....

Is sybperl your only (or main) use of OpenClient?

(if not, use whatever OC version your other apps use)

Are you planning on upgrading the servers to 12.5 soon-ish?

(if yes, then I suggest building sybperl with 12.5)

That said I haven't heard of any particular problems with any of the OC
EBFs, be it 12.0 or 12.5 (but that doesn't mean there aren't any...)

mpeppler@peppler.org           *or*          mpeppler@mbay.net
http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler
International Sybase User Group: http://www.isug.com