From: Matthew dot Persico at Lazard dot com
Subject: Re: ct_init error for Sybperl CTLib on ASE 12.5 OCS
Date: Apr 17 2002 6:26PM

Hmm. Which means that if you really want multiple versions on a box (for testing
purposes, let's say) you better not take the defaults at installation and make
sure you put different versions in different directories. This way, you can
create the same-named non-numbered softlinks to the numbered libs in each
directory, build sybperl (and DBD or that matter) using the links against the
earliest version and swap versions with a $SYBASE redefinition.

Of course, if the libraries are turn out to be incompatable from release to
release, you will be forced to rebuild one instanance of Sybperl/DBD for each
incompatable release. Each instance will have reside in its own directory tree
(/opt/sybase/12.0/lib/perl5/, /opt/sybase/12.5/lib/perl5/...) and you will have
to muck with PERl5LIB before you call your code OR @INC inside your program.

Here's hoping that the libraries are compatable...