From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: ct_init error for Sybperl CTLib on ASE 12.5 OCS
Date: Apr 17 2002 5:12PM

On Wed, 2002-04-17 at 01:46, Graham1.SIMPSON@hsbcib.com wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> We're getting the following from a script:
>
> Open Client Message:
> Message number: LAYER = (5) ORIGIN = (3) SEVERITY = (5) NUMBER = (131)
> Message String: ct_init(): network packet layer: internal net library error:
> Attempt to load protocol driver failed
> Sybase::CTlib initialize: ct_init() failed at
> /opt/perl5/lib/5.6.1/PA-RISC2.0/DynaLoader.pm line 225.
>
> ...when running Sybperl CTlib against an ASE 12.5 SWR 9614 open client
> (OCS-12_0)
>
> We normally get this error when the environment ($SYBASE, $SYBASE_OCS, etc.) is
> not set correctly. However, on this occassion all looks good.
>
> If I run the script against open client 12.x SWR 9461 (this is where sybperl was
>  compiled against) - all is good.

This is because starting with OC 12.5 the net libraries are versioned.
The build that was done with OC 12.0 wants to load libtli.so, but for OC
12.5 that file is called libtli.so.12.5 (to allow multiple versions of
the net libs to exist in the same directory).

Either rebuild sybperl against OC12.5 (probably a good idea anyway), or
make a softlink from libtli.so.12.5 to libtli.so

BTW - the same applies to libinsck.so for the systems that use it
instead of libtli.so (linux, HP-UX)

mpeppler@peppler.org           *or*          mpeppler@mbay.net
http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler
International Sybase User Group: http://www.isug.com