From: "Tanja Davidson" <tanja_davidson at ncsu dot edu>
Subject: RE: Retaining Data Format
Date: Apr 16 2002 2:04PM

I will be out of the office Mon April 15th thru wednesday the 17th for an
XML Class and will not be checking email.

>>> "SYBPERL-L@list.cren.net" 04/16/02 09:54 >>>

Sabherwal, Balvinder (MBS) wrote:
>> I am trying to select few rows from the database using ct_sql
function.
If
>> exec. same sql from an ISQL prompt I see the zeros after the decimal
point
>> where as if I try to print the results from the perl script, it
doesn't
>>show
>> the zeros after the decimal. (i.e. 34.00 and 35.30 in isql are printed
as
>>34
>> and 35.3 respectively in perl)

>> Is this the normal behavior?? is there anyway I can get the values in
the
>> same format as in the ISQL Session??

>Try printf or sprintf.
>For example:
>printf "%10.2f", $x;
>or
>$formatted_x = sprintf "%10.2f", $x;

The only problem is I don't know if the value is a numeric or string as
ct_sql,undef,CS_TRUE will lose the sequence in which the columns are
fetched
from the server. Any other wayouts??