From: "Branislav Devrnja" <branislav dot devrnja at db dot com>
Subject: Re: ct_connect in package
Date: Apr 16 2002 1:14AM

Thanks Michael,
your Sybase::Simple works fine - based on that - I will try to get my code working.

Branislav

---------------------------------------- Message History ----------------------------------------

From: mpeppler@peppler.org@list.cren.net on 18/03/2002 08:09 PST

Please respond to SYBPERL-L@list.cren.net

DELEGATED - Sent by:     owner-SYBPERL-L@list.cren.net

To:   SYBPERL-L@list.cren.net
cc:
Subject:  ct_connect in package

Branislav Devrnja writes:
 > Hi ,
 > can someone give a hint wj=hat could be the problem with this wrapping of CT library cals:
 >
 > Here is a simple wrapper package:
 > package CTWrapper1;
 > require Exporter;
 >
 > @CTWrapper1::ISA =  qw(Exporter Sybase::CTlib);
 > @CTWrapper1::EXPORT = qw(new );
 >
 > $CTWrapper1::VERSION   = 1.00;           #
 >
 > use Sybase::CTlib;
 >

 > sub new {
 >      ($_self, $_user, $_password,$_server,$_database) = @_;
 >      print "DEBUG $_self $_user $_password $_server\n";
 >         if ( defined $_database ) { print "$_database \n"; }
 >     ct_callback(CS_CLIENTMSG_CB, \&msg_cb);
 >     ct_callback(CS_SERVERMSG_CB, "srv_cb");
 >
 >         $_dbh = new Sybase::CTlib $_user, $_password, $_server;

For the correct way of doing that, see Sybase::Simple - available on
CPAN or from my web page.

mpeppler@peppler.org           *or*          mpeppler@mbay.net
http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler
International Sybase User Group: http://www.isug.com