From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: Perl 5.6.1 under XP crashes (SEGV) when calling dbpoll(undef,0)
Date: Apr 10 2002 4:37PM

On Wed, 2002-04-10 at 09:14, WORENKLEIN, David, GCM wrote:
> I am running ActivePerl 631 (Perl 5.6.1), and sybperl 2.14.  Perl build
> details are at the end.
>
> Sybase::DBlib::dbpoll(c:/Perl/lib/Carp.pm:97):
> 97:         { local $@; require Carp::Heavy; }  # XXX fix require to not
> clear $@?

Hmm... I'd prefer to see an executable debugger output rather than a
perl debugger output. Any chance of getting a stack trace of the SEGV?

This could be a problem with the fact that ActiveState perl is
multi-threaded (and DBlibrary is of course not thread safe), or a
problem with dbpoll() under XP. However, without a stack trace it's hard
to tell where the problem might be.

mpeppler@peppler.org           *or*          mpeppler@mbay.net
http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler
International Sybase User Group: http://www.isug.com