From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: AutoCommit effects query?
Date: Apr 6 2002 1:29AM

Matthew.Persico@Lazard.com writes:
 > I am trying to get replication information out of our rep server. It doesn't
 > work if AutoCommit is off. Any clues why? See the transcript below
 >
 > ## Previously connected to sybase rep server. Omitted for security...

 > ## $ldbh->{AutoCommit} = 0;

 > ## Now watch
 >   DB<52> $xxx = $ldbh->selectall_arrayref('admin who,sqm');
 > no statement executing at /sa/perl/lib/site_perl/5.6.1/sun4-solaris/DBI.pm line
 > 1400.
 >
 > Huh? What does autocommit have to do with running 'admin who,sqm'

Turn on DBI->trace(3) and send me (not the list) the output.

I suspect that you can't be in a transaction when running the "admin"
request.

You might get better result if you turn on syb_chained_txn (this uses
the "set chained on" mode for autocommit, instead of explicit
transactions.)

mpeppler@peppler.org           *or*          mpeppler@mbay.net
http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler
International Sybase User Group: http://www.isug.com