From: Michael Burstin <mikeb at concerto dot com>
Subject: Re: Segmentation Fault(coredump)
Date: Apr 2 2002 8:43PM

On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 03:05:37PM -0500, Sabherwal, Balvinder (MBS) wrote:
> I posted this few day's back and haven't got any replies so thought posting
> it again...
>
> Is sybperl 2.14 compatible with Solaris 2.6
>
> I am getting the error as above on executing the perl script. I am using
> sybperl 2.14 with active perl 5.6 on solaris 2.6. My sybase is 11.9.2. I was
> able to recompile everything fine and did not had any errors / warnings.
>
> Any pointers as what can be causing the coredump??

I know last time I acutally managed to get a coredump out of
sybperl/perl, it was because of an upgrade of Sybase with newer
datetime handling.  Is there a specific command cauing your core dump,
or just loading the module?  Try doing a perl -d to step through your
code.

--
Michael Burstin
NPI Engineer