From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: Issues w/ error detection using DBI and multiple statements
Date: Apr 2 2002 3:33PM

Michael Burstin writes:
 > I am running into some issues with detecting errors when submitting
 > multiple SQL statements to the dataserver using DBI/DBD::Sybase.  Any
 > help that anyone can give me is greatly appreciated.  I am running
 > this under Solaris 8, Sybase 12.5, perl 5.005_03 (Sun compiled perl
 > which ships w/ Solaris 8), DBI 1.14 and DBD::Sybase .91.
 >
 > I am attempting to write a perl script which will parse out a SQL text
 > file, which, for historical reasons, used to be fed into the database
 > directly through isql.  I can't modify the file format, so need to
 > write a parser.  Here is a sample file:
 >
 > 		      ----------Begin----------
 > EXEC sp_configure 'identity burning set factor',  50
 > EXEC sp_configure 'number of devices',            100
 > EXEC sp_configure 'number of locks',              100000
 > EXEC sp_configure 'number of user connections',   1024
 > EXEC sp_configure 'number of remote connections', 100
 > EXEC sp_configure 'number of open objects',       10000
 > EXEC sp_configure 'number of open indexes',       10000
 > go
 > 		      -----------End-----------
 >
 > The problem that I am running into is that if one of the statements in
 > the middle fails (in my case, the 'number of user connections'), I am
 > not getting back a bad status.

What is the actual error string/number/severity that you get?

Also, have you tried upgrading to DBD::Sybase 0.94?
The issue seems familiar, but I don't remember if it was something
that got fixed in a "recent" version...

mpeppler@peppler.org           *or*          mpeppler@mbay.net
http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler
International Sybase User Group: http://www.isug.com