From: Stephen dot Sprague at morganstanley dot com
Subject: dbd::sybase datetime format
Date: Apr 1 2002 6:41PM

Hi folks-

Given Sybase::DBD version 0.94 I see Michael has provided us  with  ways
to  change  the  default  format  of  dates  via  the   $dbh->func($fmt,
'_date_fmt') callback.

Very nice.

However, if none the given ones suit  me  I'm  forced  to  go  thru  the
statement handle's NAMES/TYPES and do a conversion  from  there  slowing
down the process greatly.

How picky would it be to ask for 'YYYYMMDD HH:MM:SS'? Or  better  yet  a
callback whereby I could contruct the date myself if sent the parts, ala
perl's localtime?

Here's the picklist from the DBD::Sybase doc I'm looking at.  I'd looking
for a format like YMD3_YYYY . ' ' .  HMS.

LONG

Nov 15 1998 11:30:11:496AM

SHORT

Nov 15 1998 11:30AM