From: "Sabherwal, Balvinder (MBS)" <Balvinder dot Sabherwal at mortgagefamily dot com>
Subject: Sybperl Vs Shell Scripts
Date: Mar 28 2002 2:26PM

Guru's

I am looking for some inputs from you in order to present some facts about
the capabilities of sybperl which are lacking in shell scripts and also I
need to make a compelling argument to use perl instead of shell scripts.

Can anyone help me get this info or point me to some place where I cam find
some info so I can get some information. The questions I am looking to get
answered are :

Why should we use perl instead of shell scripts??
What features perl/sybperl offers that are not in shell scripts?
How is perl beneficial as compared to shell scripts??

Thanks for you time and help in advance...
Bal.