From: David Owen <dowen at midsomer dot org>
Subject: RE: getting output of sp_helptext
Date: Mar 26 2002 9:07PM

  John> If you are running on unix, you can also use the defncopy sybase
  John> utility which produces very repeatable results and can also be used
  John> to "push" procs back in.

I don't think that you have to be on Unix in order to run defncopy.  It
certainly runs on NT, DOS and VMS.

defncopy does have the draw back that you have to write a wrapper script in
order to be able extract more than one proc with a single command.

There is another alternative, and that is to use the Java backend to Sybase
Central.  I cannot remember what it is called off the top of my head, but I
think I documented it in the FAQ.

dowen

  John> -----Original Message----- From: David J Iannucci
  John> [mailto:dji@myriad.com] Sent: Monday, March 25, 2002 12:27 PM To:
  John> SybPerl Discussion List Subject: Re: getting output of sp_helptext

  John> Thanks to all who responded.  I'll check out dbschema.

  John> Dave
  John>    RE: getting output of
  John> sp_helptext

If you are running on unix, you can also use the John> defncopy sybase utility which produces very repeatable results and John> can also be used to "push" procs back in.

John>