From: David Owen <dowen at midsomer dot org>
Subject: RE: getting output of sp_helptext
Date: Mar 23 2002 6:50PM

  Dennis> Hi David, I also noticed the same behavior.  I'm not sure why or
  Dennis> what is being done to the text strings.  However, I do have a
  Dennis> Perl script that returns the stored procedures (including
  Dennis> triggers) in a format that is identical to the format that was
  Dennis> used to create them.  I have two procedures.  One that will
  Dennis> return all of the stored procedures, and one that will returned a
  Dennis> specified stored procedure.

Alternatively, you can use dbschema.pl to extract your stored procedures.
There is an option that will extract just the stored procs or a particular
set of procs using a 'like' string.  Grab a copy from:

ftp://ftp.midsomer.org/pub/dbschema.tgz

There is a zip file at the same location.

dowen

--
David Owen     Midsomer Consultants Inc.      dowen@midsomer.org
Maintainer of the Sybase FAQ: http://www.isug.com/Sybase_FAQ