From: Michael Burstin <mikeb at concerto dot com>
Subject: Re: Sybase 12.5 on Solaris
Date: Mar 13 2002 8:53PM

On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 03:40:58PM -0500, Scott Zetlan wrote:
> Hmm... I have Solaris 8, and my Sybase 12.5 lib/ directory shows
> libtli64.so and libtli_r64, but no libtli.  When you do get your
> 64-bit version, you'll probably need libtli64 (single-threaded perl;
> libtli_r64 contains the reentrant versions of the same APIs).

I do see a libtli.so.12.5.0, which after symlinking appears to work.
Not sure what I will have once I get my 64bit version.  I just want to
make sure that this won't cause anything to blow up.

I guess maybe a better question would be, will I be safe running a
Sybperl or DBD::Sybase built against OpenClient 12 but running with
OpenClient 12.5?

> On the other hand, if you just want to use your existing Sybperl to
> communicate with a 12.5 server, you should be fine if you leave the
> original Sybase open client libraries on your system (they can
> coexist with other versions).

These are for deployment on customer systems, which will only have one
version of Sybase installed.  Its just my test box which can have
everything.