From: Michael Burstin <mikeb at concerto dot com>
Subject: Sybase 12.5 on Solaris
Date: Mar 13 2002 8:02PM

Have a quick, and hopefully painless question.  I currently have
sybperl and DBD::Sybase installed on Solaris 8 with (64bit) Sybase
12.0.  I am in the process of testing against Sybase 12.5 (at this
time, someone ordered the incorrect version, and I have 32bit, but
expecting 64bit by end of this week), and trying to use my existing
sybperl and DBD::Sybase packages.  I discovered that both modules
fail to load, complaining about either CTlib.so or Sybase.so (sybperl
and DBD).  After doing an ldd on both of these modules, they show that
I am missing libtli.so for both of them, and in fact, there is no
libtli.so installed on my Syb12.5 system.

Will I just need to rebuild my Sybperl and DBD::Sybase software
against the new Sybase 12.5 open client, or is there another issue
that I am finding?  I took a look on even a Sybase 4.9.2 server, and
libtli was there, so I don't think I am running into an issue with
32bit vs. 64 bit.

Any help/info is greatly appreciated.

--
Michael Burstin