From: "Ho, Tony" <tonyho at lucent dot com>
Subject: RE: Sybase BCP
Date: Feb 28 2002 2:10PM

My apologies
Here's the URL http://www.perldoc.com/cpan/Sybase/BCP.html

Thanks Subrata
Tony

-----Original Message-----
From: Mondal, Subrata [mailto:SMondal@imf.org]
Sent: 28 February 2002 15:09
To: SybPerl Discussion List

Tony:
Can you post the URL please .

Thanks
Subrata

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Zetlan [mailto:scottzetlan@aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2002 8:55 AM
To: SybPerl Discussion List

Yes, still true, and yes, you can always call the Sybase bcp utility.  But
then you wouldn't be able:
 -- to reorder the columns based on a column heading record;
 -- to install your own callback function to eliminate records you don't
want or modify those you do;
 -- to use a regular expression as a field separator;
 -- nor to identify the individual rows that don't transfer properly instead
of failing an entire batch.

If you don't need to do any of that, just call the Sybase utility -- but
don't use system(); open a pipe instead:
open (BCP, "bcp... |");

That way, you can capture the output and determine how many rows were
loaded.  With system, you only get a return code.

Scott