From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: RE: New member with HP-UX installation problem
Date: Feb 25 2002 5:24PM

Gustav_Schaffter@capgroup.com writes:

 > I's say that you're probably 100% right. (I'm going to verify this tomorrow
 > with our UNIX admin, who just left. We're in CET.)
 >
 > Do you mean to say that we must use the same compiler for compiling perl as
 > for compiling the Sybperl package?

Yes - in general this is necessary, because during the perl
configuration process a lot of system dependant information is stored
in the Config.pm module, and that includes a lot of compiler dependant
information. On some systems (Solaris, f.ex.) it's *fairly* easy to
build sybperl with gcc even when the perl binary was built with Sun's
cc, but that's not always the case.

Michael