From: Gustav_Schaffter at capgroup dot com
Subject: RE: New member with HP-UX installation problem
Date: Feb 25 2002 5:11PM

I's say that you're probably 100% right. (I'm going to verify this tomorrow
with our UNIX admin, who just left. We're in CET.)

Do you mean to say that we must use the same compiler for compiling perl as
for compiling the Sybperl package?

(I'm a Linux guy myself and know almost nothing about HP-UX.)

Thanks
Gustav

                    Michael Peppler

                    rg>                       cc:
                    Sent by:                  Subject:     RE: New member with HP-UX installation problem
                    owner-SYBPERL-L@lis
                    t.cren.net

                    25-02-02 06:01 PM
                    Please respond to
                    SYBPERL-L

Gustav_Schaffter@capgroup.com writes:

 > We have:
 > - Downloaded and un-tarred Sybperl-2_13_tar.tar
 > - perl Makefile.PL (no errors)
 > - make

 > '"2.13"' -DDO_TIE CTlib.c
 > In file included from /usr/include/locale.h:157,
 >                  from
 > /opt/perl/lib/5.6.1/PA-RISC1.1-thread-multi/CORE/perl.h:465,
 >                  from CTlib.xs:20:
 > /opt/gcc/lib/gcc-lib/hppa2.0n-hp-hpux11.00/2.95.3/include/stdio.h:30:
 > warning: `__va__list' redefined
 > /usr/include/locale.h:26: warning: this is the location of the previous
 > definition

In my opinion this would seem to point to having a version of perl
that wasn't built with the same compiler that is on this machine?

Did you download a pre-compiled perl binary?

Michael

 >                     "HANSON,DENNIS

 >                     (HP-Roseville,ex1)"       To:     SybPerl Discussion
List
 >                                          om>                       Subject:     RE: New
member with HP-UX installation problem
 >                     Sent by:

 >                     owner-SYBPERL-L@lis

 >                     t.cren.net

 >                     25-02-02 05:28 PM

 >                     Please respond to

 >                     SYBPERL-L

 > As long as your question is regarding the installation of Sybperl, I
think
 > you have the right place.
 >
 > Dennis

HP-UX

--
Michael Peppler               Data Migrations, Inc.
mpeppler@peppler.org   *or*   mpeppler@mbay.net