From: "Gilmore-Baldwin, John" <jBaldwin at desmoine dot gannett dot com>
Subject: RE: Problem with Sybperl installation
Date: Feb 21 2002 5:50PM

We use perl and sybperl/DBD::Sybase extensively here on a variety of
platforms (hence the use of both sybperl and DBD::Sybase).

By far, the easiest platform to deal with for us has been Solaris. No
problems building perl or adding modules.

I think make, etc., might be in /usr/ccs/bin/ if you installed that
package, but we tend to use other versions. I've found the stuff on
sunfreeware.com to be easy to install and reliable. It's built for
several different Solaris versions.

Hope that helps.
John