From: boss <boss at i-sphere dot com>
Subject: Re: Problem with Sybperl installation
Date: Feb 21 2002 5:23PM

We did an install of Activestate on a solaris box b/c they didn't have
a good existing version at the time.  And, ppm is a bit easier
to do installs of modules (in my opinion).

But, have you tried using straight up CPAN?
perl -MCPAN -eshell
install Sybperl

Some perl modules will always take a bit of manipulation by hand.  Its
just a fact of life (Try loading up the GD module sometime...)
Read the README file and usually the changes (if required) are
straight forward.

boss