From: "Scott Zetlan" <scottzetlan at aol dot com>
Subject: RE: Problem with Sybperl installation
Date: Feb 21 2002 5:26PM

If you don't have make and other utilities (like a C compiler), you won't be
able to compile the Sybperl libraries.

However: Solaris 8 ships with its own C compiler (in /usr/ccs/bin?) and
linker, etc.; unless you have a stripped-down installation of Solaris, you
probably have access to those utilities.